Tuesday, January 31, 2006

A tale of many keyboards

So I've been a bit scarce of late. Apologies to the two people who actually read this blog. I've been working on two proposals, a screenplay, my original fantasy novel, and trying to get some sleep with a nine month old teething baby screaming through the night.

I finished the proposals and I've had some great news which I can't share yet. But soon, I promise.

In the meantime, what is it about me and keyboards? I've been using a Microsoft split keyboard for the past five years, and I've become very comfortable with it. But then the shift key broke and I thought I should move with the times, so I bought a logitech wireless with a laser mouse. The problem is, the keyboards isn't split. It took me a few days to get used to the straight layout again, but I was never totally comfortable typing and I've ended up going back to the split level one. A nice waste of money, if I do say so myself. But the difference is remarkable. I can type so much faster without all those stupid mistakes of typing hte instead of the. (And many more besides.)

So I'll use the split level keyboard again, unless Caroline gets me into trouble for wasting money on a keyboard I'm not using. On the plus side, th mouse is great.

No comments: