Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Limited head space

I received a cheque for my story, The Invisible Order today. It's the most I've made form a short story, which is nice.

I also sent off the rewrites to the Eberron proposal. It's a much stronger story now with a nice, chunky character arc for the main guy. Something to sink my teeth into if it gets approved. Now I've got to get working on a rewrite for my romantic comedy screenplay. Producer wants to take it to Germany in five weeks to show a few people, so I've got to get it done by then. I hope it's enough time, because the rewrites are pretty drastic, introducing a whole B plot for secondary character, the result of which will make her a primary character. And I've got to add this in while at the same time cut out 30 pages. Ulp.

But I'm currently trying to get back into the writing of original fantasy novel. It's the first thing to fall by the wayside when other projects come up, and I shouldn't let that happen. Even an hour or so a day is enough to keep it fresh in my mind. I've realized I need to do this to keep that momentum going, because if I leave it for a week or so it loses space in my head and drifts into the background, making it hard to get back into it again.

So I'm rereading at the moment, and will hopefully get a few hundred words done before the day is out.

No comments: