Sunday, March 25, 2007

Dr Who - Destination Prague



One of my earliest television memories is the death of the Tom Baker Dr Who. I was five at the time and I remember being really freaked out by the regeneration into the Peter Davison doctor. (Seen here. Scroll to 1.07.)

Anyway, it's a bit of a geek dream come true to write a story about Dr Who, and Big Finish have just formally announced the Dr Who anthology I have a story appearing in. It's called Short Trips: Destination Prague, and my contribution is called Sunday Afternoon, 848,988 AD. It features the seventh Doctor, played by Sylvestor McCoy, who I always felt was given a bit of a hard time. I quite liked him.

Now playing: Linger - The Cranberries

9 comments:

Keith W. Cunningham said...

Have you gotten a chance to check out either of the episodes from series three of the new show yet?

Paul Crilley said...

Not yet, no. I have a mate in Britain who sends me a dvd every month of the four episodes that have just shown. So another two weeks. Really looking forward to it, though.

Paul Crilley said...

Oh, and dude. Check out Life on Mars. The best thing on tv in Britain right now. Only two series. The final series is finishing this week. Can't wait for the finale. There's going to be a plot twist of note.

Jeff LaSala said...

Here's a question for you, Paul. Do you need to be a Dr. Who fan to follow these stories? I know very little about the series, in truth, but were I to pick this up, would it make sense to me?

Paul Crilley said...

Nah. You should be able to follow them. My one is a simple time travel paradox story. They don't continue from anything. Pretty self-contained.

Paul Crilley said...

Nah. You should be able to follow them. My one is a simple time travel paradox story. They don't continue from anything. Pretty self-contained.

Keith W. Cunningham said...

Man, I'm totally already watching Life on Mars. I've worked my way through the first series already and am about to start series two. Loving it.

Keith W. Cunningham said...

That's a new one. . . . medication ads in a blog reply.

Paul Crilley said...

Yeah, I've had to turn on word verification now.