Monday, February 05, 2007

TV stuff

So we got the first of eight sitcom episodes done last week. Phew. We've done sitcoms before, but there's been a big gap in between where we worked on a drama series and of course the daily soap opera, so it was hell to get back into the mindset needed for a 22 minute joke-a-thon.

Having said that I only sent the file off last night so it could well be shite and we will be receiving a very angry email soon. Probably not, but it's the same thought every time I send something off. WHy should sitcoms be any different?

Other stuff: I sent the first three sample chapters off to the Nelson Literary Agency. I was supposed to do it last year, (that's when I queried and they said they'd like to read the sample) but with moving house and then Christmas I just didn't have the time.

Caroline and I also sent some work off to a British television agent. We're hopeful, but a bit worried the whole living-in-South-Africa thing might be a small problem.

1 comment:

Keith W. Cunningham said...

I've been watching a lot of British TV lately, so I hope you get the gig.

Also, have you seen Spaced?