Wednesday, October 11, 2006

The light - it burns!

One or two of you (hi Marcy) may have noticed I've stuck a picture of myself up on the blog. I've never bothered with this before as any photographs taken of me usually show someone else entirely. i.e. someone who smiles like an idiot, or seems to blink all the time, or just generally looks like a complete, drooling imbecile. And that's not who I am. Honest. Well, sometimes, but it usually take half a bottle of single malt.

So why the change? Well, Caroline and I worked on a tv show this year that is now in post-production and they decided it would be nice for the writers to get their faces on TV instead of the usual practice of zipping our names up the screen faster than a very fast person can blink.

Now, I'm not a vain person (keep it down back there) but I sort of figured that if my picture is going to be seen by a million and a half people every week for three months, then I should at least make the effort. Urgh.

I'll admit it. It took a few attempts on the digital camera (what did we ever do without them?) to get one that made me look halfway normal. So I thought I may as well use it on the blog as well. And in case you're curious, my naturally photogenic better half only took a couple of attempts until she declared herself happy. See below for the result


4 comments:

Jeff LaSala said...

Very cool and very brave of you! But seriously, Paul. You like a normal and friendly and creative guy. Some of us don't look so "normal." :P

Jeff LaSala said...

Oh, and until now I always just pictured you as the avatar you use at Worlds of D&D.

Paul Crilley said...

(grin) That's what Marcy said as well.

Keith W. Cunningham said...

My eyes! My eyes!

Paul, you owe me the cost of my brain bleaching ;)